One of the most prestigious awards conferred by Oxfaa University is the Honorary Doctoral Degree. It is awarded to those individuals who have made extraordinary academic or social contributions, particularly in fields of relevance and importance at national and at international levels.
The selection of Honorary Degree recipients is overseen by a Honorary Degree Committee at Oxfaa University. The committee will seek approval to recommend a slate of honorary degree candidates for approval. The nomination and approval process for honorary degrees is confidential, and all involved in the process must respect this requirement. To avoid undue influence, the review process by the committee is carried out anonymously, that is, the names of those who submitted the nomination are redacted from all documentation reviewed by Oxfaa University’s Advisory Board & Senate Board. every effort will be made to ensure that degree recipients represent diversity across gender, race, age and ability. As well, effort will be made towards achieving balance across Oxfaa University’s scholarly community. Oxfaa University’s Nomination Committee receives candidate nominations for Honorary degrees. The committee’s work in producing a list of potential candidates spans throughout the year. This activity is not time bound. Graduation Ceremonies Dates and place will be confirmed accordingly.
Honorary Degree is to recognize contributions in scholarly or professional achievement, or public or community service, and eligibility is as follows:
The Honorary Doctoral title is a title bestowed upon individuals as an award in recognition of their merits and background.
The Committee will consider the following when reviewing each nomination:
• In what ways is the candidate’s achievement truly outstanding?
• In what ways has the candidate made an extraordinary contribution to scholarship, society and culture?
• Will this person’s achievement be seen to be important and exemplary to the students who will graduate at convocation?
• Has this candidate already been recognized by other honors and awards?
• Has this candidate been appropriately recognized by the field or profession in which they excel?
• Is it appropriate for oxfaa University to honor this candidate at this time?
• Is the candidate already aware of Oxfaa University and would the candidate appreciate the significance of the award?
• Does this candidate help Oxfaa University achieve the goal of reflecting the diversity of international society or the academic diversity of the university in the honors it bestows?
1. A call for nominations will be issued to the University community in once in three months , from the University Senate
2. Nominations for Honorary Doctorate Degrees shall be submitted to the University Senate Board, by the deadline date specified in the call for nominations.
3. Nominations may be made by any member of the constituent group from the University community, or from external nominators. Nominations are normally not accepted from family members of the nominee. Self-nominations will not be accepted for consideration.